Rose Pervoi's Theater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose Pervoi's Theater

Role playing in the mystical realm.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» The beginning
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby William Abbes Wed May 06, 2015 3:30 am

» Mind Traps: The Beginning
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Holix Koye Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:54 am

» Skills and how they work.
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Kallias (Admin) Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 pm

» Inventory and Currecny
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby .5 Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 pm

» Trigger Feature
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby .5 Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:52 pm

» Read First
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Kallias (Admin) Thu May 24, 2012 3:40 pm

» Soren Lykke/Cala Thorn
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Cala Thorn Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:14 am

» Story Summary
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Kallias (Admin) Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm

» New World Map
The beginning  I_icon_minitimeby Kallias (Admin) Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:44 am

The beginning

Go down 
+22
Neenja Fray
Hayes Van Houtham
Leon Sharp
Dakota Lark
Aelius Elek
Rose Pervoi
Bion Delga
Moa
Lily Wakefield
Asterianna
Tira Van Moore
Athen Eneas
India Tanner
Anna Savage
William Abbes
Ezekiel Rowe
Kallias (Admin)
Zander Ibsen
Seth Devitt
Soren Lykke
Cala Thorn
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:50 pm

“So, you’re just passing through, huh? Well, I’ll help you out of here, just this once. People call me Point Five and I live here in the city. Keep your gas mask on or you’ll get a healthy dose of toxins in just a few minutes. The land around here is still polluted badly from the war. Strange thing that happened. The war. Every time someone comes through here, they act surprised that one place was so damaged, but a lot of the damage was from the city itself. Just stuff they kept in it.
Whenever you come near here, make sure it’s a quick visit. The only things that could survive in a place like this are the Misers that live to the south. Most of them aren’t friendly. Am I one? Hehe, well, I leave that to the imagination of others. Not all Misers are blood thirsty, but most are. They’re responsible for most of the bad things that happened before the war. They started religions based on killing and destroying, led political and civil revolutions into bloody wars, and used charities to disguise their dealings long before the war. That’s why most people need a guide like me to get through the city. The Misers would come and eat them, leaving the mess for us dwellers to clean, and we don’t appreciate that. So steer clear when possible.
When you do need to get through the city, you can contact me yourself. There are a few others here that will offer safety, but I’d beware. You never know who you can trust. You can look me up online. The internet left isn’t much now, but it works. It’s primitive, slow and boring, but better than writing letter. Not my taste. If you have a computer, you know how to use it. There’s a kid in the city, Seth, that builds them, but he doesn’t have a good rep with the humans. Hehe.
The Misers live in a places the humans call Hades. Now that their existence is known, the humans have made technology to spot them. There are only a few who have it, like a guy named Zander and an inventor or something like that named Ezekiel but it keeps them out of the Safe Camp where the humans live. The people in the safe camps stay there and live normal lives for the most part. Some even deny immortals existing. Strange group.
There’s a tower next to Hades called Rose Tower. The head mistress, Rose, disappeared and the tower was left to a woman named Lily in the meantime. I don’t know anything about them, but I’d avoid there too. The Misers pass through there sometimes. So do the Lost. I don’t know why they call them that. They aren’t lost at all. Some people think they’re angelic, but why the hell would they be here? Beats me. They live in Lost Valley, which is just an old town they rebuilt to avoid, well, everyone. There’s exorcist in that area. What do they exorcise? Demons and such. Sometimes the humans start slipping to the side of evil and start turning demonic. The Lost believe that they’re possessed and suffering and the demon can be removed. There’s an exorcist there named Soren. He has an assistant named Cala. I guess they’re the only active exorcists in Lost Valley, but I don’t ask about them.
There are immortal out there that have ‘dual souls’, which are like two personalities. They just showed up one day. I don’t know how that works. Misers eyes glow red under the technology the humans developed. The Lost glow blue. The dual souls glow either or both. I’ve yet to see one, but both sides hate them. Little misfits I guess.
This is as far as I’ll take you. Don’t plan on leaving. Any questions, shoot me an email. Have fun and keep fighting. Peace.”

To start, you’ll have to email Admin or .5 with a list of six fitting skills/traits for your character. You’ll be able to improve them by involving your character in actions to build skills and completely objectives. The MP button next to the character’s name on the Member’s page works as emails. Cell phones and home phones are rare in this society and email is the prime choice. Once your skills/traits are approved, you’ll receive a lot letter. List this under your location.
Your skills will be listed in your signature and ONLY edited by administration. Skills will be used to determine the leader in events and the winner in battles. Losing a battle does not always result in death and only administration can decide who dies.

Where to start:
Soren and Cala will be working in Soren’s office.

Zander and Ezekiel will be in the “market place” in the safe camp.

Lily will be in her room at the tower.

Seth will be salvaging metal around the city.

Schools will be held by a parent in the safe camp or by parents for immortals.

There are no days (Monday, Sunday, etc.) and there are only two season. Summer quickly changes to winter in a matter of weeks.

Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Cala carried a tray of tea into the office, standing quietly near Soren for orders.
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 am

Soren looked up from the delapidated, crumbling book on his desk. He picked up the teacup with a nodded thanks and sipped. "Are your studies up to date?" He asked in a quiet voice, his eyes glued back to the book.
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:39 am

"Yes, sir," Cala answered in her usual soft, quiet voice. "I have completed everything you asked me to." She was careful not to let her eyes or attention wander. As an apprentice, she prided herself on being attentive and aware of her master's words.
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 am

Soren nodded vaguely. "Very good, very good...you're coming along nicely, Cala." He flipped a page and scanned it absently. "When was the last time we had the pleasure to exorcise a demon, Cala?" He looked straight ahead with a curious frown. "They've seemed...rare lately."
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 am

"You've done well in exorcising them all," Cala replied. "Would you like more tea?"
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:57 am

Soren slid his cup over. "Please." He closed the book and stood, staring at the world beyond the window behind him. He sighed at the sunrise faded by the reddened atmosphere. "I remember when seeing the sunrise brought joy to people. Now it simply makes them cringe with worry at what nightmares another day will bring."
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 am

Cala looked towards the window. "It must be a terrible burden on the humans," she said in an indifferent tone. Though her voice didn't show it, Cala meant her words. She poured more hot water into the teapot and steeped the tea. "Will you be working today?"
Back to top Go down
Seth Devitt

Seth Devitt

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 am

"Work, dammit!" Seth growled, shaking and smacking a metal orb on the ground. "You worthless piece of crap!" He threw it hard. Bang! It hit the wall and cranked. Pouting, and annoyed, Seth kicked another metal orb across the room. "Why isn't anything working anymore?!" He bit his lip, a small stream of blood emerging.
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:20 am

"They don't have our power. At times I look up to them myself for their strength." He pulled out his pocket watch and opened it. "Ah, that we are, Cala. Lots to do today...lots to do."
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 am

She poured the tea into Soren's cup and set the teapot back on the tray. "Would you like me to ready your things?" she asked quietly, glancing at him from the corner of her eye. She looked away quickly, handing him the cup with both hands.
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:59 am

Soren took a sip from the cup and set it down on the desk. "Please, yes." He picked a few of the antique books off of his shelf and set them on the desk as well. "And as a reward for your hard work in your apprenticeship, here are some of my own personal collection to further your own independent studies in your free time." He picked his coat up off the back of his chair and stood in front of her. "This world...is no longer as it used to be. We cannot have the same luxuries as we once could. We must fight for the lives of others now." He looked down at the books on his desk, slightly embarrassed. "Otherwise, I would be able to give you more."
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:29 pm

"Before coming here, I welcomed the mice to sleep in my bed to stay warm," Cala replied. "I'm thankful, sir." She bowed and took the books from the desk, hurrying to put them away and bring Soren his things back to him. She placed everything on the desk, carefully and neatly, then waited patiently.
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Soren checked his pocket watch again. Seems the only way I know time is still going for us is checking this old thing, he thought as he pushed it back down into the inside of his overcoat.
"Ah, very good. Thank you, Cala." He picked up the items and stored them in the old oversized doctor's bag he took with him on his missions. "The Lost's council has taken heed of rumors pertaining to the arrival of a small pack of demons. This is a new and hopefully rare occurrence; demons never get along." Soren recalled his memories of demons tearing each other apart before he could even make an appearance. "We will be required to take extraordinary precautions if these rumors reveal themselves as truth."
Back to top Go down
Zander Ibsen

Zander Ibsen

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Zander walked from stall to stall, his shotgun propped on his shoulder. He examined a few trinkets being sold at what used to be a newspaper stand. The trinkets were salvagables from the city, sometimes from beyond. He picked up a broken pocket knife and examined it.
"How much?" He asked the stallkeeper, a young man not much older than himself. He noted the missing leg and realized why he wasn't recruited to his services.
"Oh, please!" The man exclaimed, holding both hands up and laughing. "You're a leader. You can have it, no charge."
Zander reached in his pockets and dropped a few chips of silver onto the counter. "Nonsense. You still have mouths to feed." He waved to the man and pocketed his new keepsake. He continued his guard duty of the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Kallias (Admin)
Admin
Kallias (Admin)

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 pm

It was now a hundred years since the war ended and life was, what most thought, normal now. Beneath the blanket of normalcy, wrinkles of the past began to form. There was still much left undone and many important faces still concealed by masks.
Kallias approached the estate of Soren Lykke, a grim expression on his face. Kallias was nothing more than a nomad in this world, but with the stains of a previous life beginning to resurface, he knew he must make quick and rely on others.
He wrapped on the door with his knuckles, standing back to look at the massive building left from before the war. He took a moment to take in the awe of the old building before looking back to the door, composing himself in a calm manner.
Back to top Go down
http://rosepervoistheater.omgforum.net
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

"Ah, that would be our guest. Shall we go greet him then?" Soren exited the study and took a narrow flight of stairs down to the front door, expecting Cala to follow. He opened the front door. "Oh, Kallias, it's a pleasure to see you again," he greeted the man. "Please, do come in." He stepped aside to make room for the man.
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

Cala followed, silently. When they reached the door, she paused, perplexed by the new face.
Back to top Go down
Kallias (Admin)
Admin
Kallias (Admin)

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 am

"There is something of utmost importance that I must ask you to see too. This demands immediate attention." Kallias stepped in but stayed close to the door. "We can't stay long. I'm not sure how long the ward will last."
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:51 am

Worry lines formed over Soren's brow. "What do you mean, Kallias?"
Back to top Go down
Kallias (Admin)
Admin
Kallias (Admin)

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:49 am

"There's been a grave turn in events. The demons are trying to summon Athen to the city. If this happens, he'll unleash his wrath on the humans." Kallias handed Soren a map. "This is where they found the summon spell. The farthest north center block."
Back to top Go down
Cala Thorn

Cala Thorn

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:05 am

Cala interrupted. "Who is Athen?" she asked, feeling foolish for not knowing.
Back to top Go down
Kallias (Admin)
Admin
Kallias (Admin)

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am

"The rumors surrounding his true identity are plenty. The most believable are he fell in love when he was a human and returned to find his wife dead. Devastated, he sought revenge by killing the entire village. He spared only his dear friend," Kallias explained in a hurry. "He became so bloodthirsty with vengeance, he turned on his friend too. His friend fled the village, but Athen has been hunting him since. The more he kills, the more the human in him dies. There's no chance of saving his soul now. He's so far gone, he's allied himself with the demon lords. He's considered noble among them."

Last edited by Kallias (Admin) on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soren Lykke

Soren Lykke

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 am

Soren looked down at the floor in weariness. "My, this is very serious...very serious indeed." He looked back up to Kallias. "Is he alone or with followers?"
Back to top Go down
Kallias (Admin)
Admin
Kallias (Admin)

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 am

"If he's summoned, he'll come alone, but he won't be happy. He's been asleep since before the war. I doubt he even knows how long it's been." Kallias shook his head. "No, if he is summoned, the demons hiding in the city will surface and become an army."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning    The beginning  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The beginning
Page 1 of 42Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next